Dursey Page | OileŠin
107tillick.jpg
Much of the infomation above is thanks to the book "Discovering Dursey" by Penelope Durrell. All photos taken on August 1 2001 with an Agfa CL20 digital camera.
Ireland's only Cable Car This signal tower on top of the hill east of Tillickafinna was built in 1804 The outer protectting wall is all that remains of a Temporary Lighthouse which served from 1882 to 1888. The Calf Rock (which can be seen out to sea) Lighthouse collapsed during a storm in November 1881 The Primary School at Kilmichael shut in February 1975 The Cow and the Bull rocks just north of Dursey Head at the western end of the island The harbour is at the eastern end of the island sheltered around the corner from the strong tidal currents of Dursey Sound