Green School News
Are we are Green School we ask the following in order to reduce, reuse and recycle
- Use a lunch box and reusable plastic drinks containers.
- Use kitchen paper instead of tin foil to wrap sandwiches.
- Use the journal to write notes to teacher/school
- Reduce packaging
- Please send us in your used stamps, batteries and phones.
- We also encourage a healthy eating policy. Children’s lunch boxes might contain a selection of the following.
Sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, cheese, nuts, raisins, whole grain foods, cereal bars, water, non- sugary/non-fizzy drinks, fruit juices (in cartons…not foil bags)
- Because of spillage on classroom carpets and floors, clothes and books, yoghurt, yogurt drinks, yop and frubes should not be included in your child’s lunchbox.
- Sweets, chocolate, crisps, cake and biscuits should not be included either, except on very rare occasions.
- Children should bring home all food packaging.
We are hoping to get our 2nd green Flag next Spring/Summer. The focus of this flag is energy reduction. The children are learning about energy awareness and ways to reduce our energy consumption. Some helpful hints for us to use at home are:
- Change to CFL bulbs
- Don’t leave electrical appliances on standby
- Unplug phone chagers
- Showers instead of baths
- Walk or cycle where possible