CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Leisureways Holidays is a registered business name of Heronview Ltd. described hereafter as the Company. The Hirer is the person who signs the booking form and/or any member if his/her party.
2. Refunds. Every effort is made to meet Hirers requests for choice of boat of hire period. If for any reason beyond the Companys control. it is not possible to provide an acceptable alternative the Company will refund all hire charges paid.
3. Competence. The Hirer must be over 18 years of age and will be responsible for the boat and its equipment during the hire period. The Company may refuse to hand over a boat to any hirer who. in the Company's opinion, is not suitable to take charge or may repossess any boat from a hirer who is unsuitable to continue the cruise.
5. Navigation. The Hirer must conform to the rules governing inland waterways navigation and to the instructions given by the Company's staff or the staff of the Waterways Service. If advised of an infringement, the Company will hold the Hirer responsible for any expenses incurred.
6. Accidents. Boats must be returned to the Company in the same state that they are handed over to the Hirer. The Hirer must inform the Company of any loss. damage, breakage or theft. In the event of an accident, damage to the boat or other boats or to the waterways. the Hirer must (i) obtain the names of other boats or people involved and names of any witnesses (ii) inform the Company of such details as soon as possible.
7. Security Deposit. A deposit in cash, Eurocheque or Credit Card will be requested on the day of departure. This will be returned to the Hirer when the boat and its equipment are returned at the prearranged time in a clean and undamaged state. A fee of £20 per hour will be charged when boats are returned late.
8. Delays & Restrictions. The Company accepts no responsibility for delays due to repairs. flooding, drought. Strike or any cause beyond the Company's control.
9. Cancellation. In the event of cancellation the Hirer must notify the Company by registered letter. Retentions by the Company are as follows:
. Cancellations more that 45 days before departure date - £30 to cover administration costs
. Cancellations 30 - 45 days before departure date 35% of the total hire cost . . . . .
. Cancellations less than 30 days of the total hire cost I 00% of the total hire cost.
I 0. Insurance. The Company is responsible for the insurance of the boat and its equipment and the boat liabilities to third parties. It does not cover Hirers personal effects nor their personal responsibility for accident or injury during the hire period. Hirers are advised to take out holiday package insurance.
I 1. Period of Hire. Unless otherwise agreed Hirers may collect boats after 3.00 p.m. on dav of commencement of hire and must return boats by 10.00 a.m. on final day of hire.