Jack Long -
Jack Long works with me in the Revenue
Commissioners. Every year, he organises a half-day drinking
session before Christmas. I call it the Shocking Half-Day (you'd
want to be an Irish civil servant to understand...) Here's Jack's
announcement for the 1997 piss-up...
The countdown has begun.
The annual half-day shopping is nearly
Only a little while to go now.
Root out your drinking pants now,
while there's rooting in you.
Friday, 5 December, 1997 in the Quill at
12.30 or there or thereabouts.
Drinking to excess without a care in the
No work in the afternoon.
The following rules apply:-
- No going back to work in the
- No good clothes allowed.
- No vomiting on other participants
(vomiting on yourself is permitted).
- No story telling afterwards
- No shopping.
- No work/union/knitting to be
discussed under any circumstances.
- No singing of "Slip Sliding
Away" by anyone.
- Pool and darts are mandatory at an
- Prizes will not be given out for
- Talking about people not present
(wendies) is allowed and encouraged.
- Late entries (4.00 p.m.) will be
subject to a "round for the house".
- Accidental spillages of porter or
other drinkies will be punishable by belittlement.
- Breakers of drinking equipment will
be subject to ridicule.
- Any illegal eating outside appointed
times (12.30 - 1.00/7.00 - 8.00) is prohibited.
- No exposition of normally-covered
And so say all of us.
(c) 1997 Jack
Member of the Internet Link Exchange