North Richmond St, Dublin
The O'Connell Schools
The North Richmond Street house and schools were founded by Edmund Rice in 1828 and the foundation stone was laid by the famous Daniel OConnell. The brothers headquarters were housed here for many years.
The present residence incorporated the original house built by Edmund Rice, who lived here from 1831 to 1838.
Visitors may see the founders bedroom and the chapel where he prayed. Of special interest is the Allen Library. Facilities for research are available on request. Visitors should contact the Curator in advance.
TELEPHONE: 01-8551077 FAX: 01-8555243